Branding is the most important method a business uses to distinguish itself from other businesses. It is through branding that a business builds reputation and goodwill on which it conducts future businesses. For any business to have a chance of survival, it must create a brand that is unique to it.
Today, the idea of branding goes way beyond creating a means of identification or distinction through logo designs or business motto. Branding involves the combination of various elements that create a perception in your customer’s mind. These elements ranging from logo design to customer service down to the quality of the product all serve to create a particular image for the business. The kind of image created will determine what your customers think of you at the end of the day.
WHY IS BRANDING NECESSARY?
- Branding is the soul of Marketing – Have you been online today? Obviously you are right now. Have you noticed how advertisements are thrown up in your face every other minute (on other websites lol)? This is because there is a huge rush for your attention and research keeps showing that people are developing less and less attention lifespan. So when marketing any product, you want to create a lasting impression on your potential target EVERYTIME. How do you ensure this? Through branding! Branding goes to the core of marketing any business as it is through branding that customers can identify and refer any product. Branding is how you drive your business and increase the overall impact of your business. Branding is the tool that drives marketing.
- Branding increases your business value as it establishes you as a leader in your field. Once you have built an image for your business, you rely on the goodwill created to attract new customers. This could sometimes be through referrals;
- Generally people are more trusting of a company or business that gives the image of professionalism. As a business, you should develop strategies that will portray your brand as trustworthy in terms of product quality and service delivery. Being properly branded gives customers the impression that you’re an expert in your industry and can pacify all their doubts giving them reason to choose you over other similar businesses or brands.
- Before strategically branding any business, certain values and goals must have been communicated to the staff of the company and this creates a sense of purpose that drives productivity. This is important as it gives staff confidence to work towards building a long lasting impression on customers.
- Your brand as your image is basically everything. It can be monetize! Spending time, creativity and finances on your brand allows you to seek redress and sometimes compensation in court if someone were to misrepresent or steal your brand’s identity.
- Perhaps one of the most important reasons for branding your business is creating a relationship with your customers. Once this positive relationship is created, they become loyal to your brand and will support you in good and bad times. These customers are the ones who will refer family and friends who will likely become loyal as well.
Whether you are online or offline, you need a brand for your business. It is non- negotiable and very useful. But we know that there are an estimated 2.65 billion people on the internet today, it’s only wise to do more with less effort through digital marketing.
Think about that for a minute and then prepare to take advantage of this information. Despite the many demanding needs of your business, you can still create an exceptional brand for your business and luckily within your budget. No more excuses, get started by sending us an email.